So, you are looking to know about the best eCommerce store checklist? Well, that’s the reason you’re probably here! After July, believe it or not, is the ideal time for firms to begin planning their holiday marketing campaigns. Online companies should make sure they take full advantage of the annual increase in holiday eCommerce spending.
Did you know?
In 2020, e-commerce sales grew by 32.5 percent, while brick-and-mortar sales grew by only 2.2 percent.
Since consumers are unlikely to change their buying patterns, strengthening and smoothing out the wrinkles in your digital retail experience is essential. Here are some statistics to think about:
- Sales of e-commerce are predicted to increase by 11.3 percent to $206.88 billion.
- Cyber Monday and Black Friday e-commerce sales could top $10 billion.
We’ll go over the eCommerce website checklist that you should think about to increase your revenue in this post.
1. Personalization is the Main Focus
The single most crucial component in attracting potential clients is personalization. So this holiday season, create exciting and eye-catching landing pages and fill them with incentives that your visitors won’t be able to refuse.
Consider going beyond customizing the email with their names instead of creating buyer personas to target knowledgeable shoppers better. If you’re a global brand, consider the time difference, different Thanksgiving dates (such as in the United States and Canada), and other factors that influence shopping behavior. Also, when creating content, keep SEO best practices in mind.
2. Improve the Navigation of Your Website
You boost your clients’ chances of converting by assisting them in finding the things they’re looking for, especially during the Christmas season. Consider adding a new holiday category tab to make things easier.
On the homepage, use clickable banners and pictures to direct clients to Black Friday sales, Christmas bundles, New Year specials, and other promotions.
This will not only speed up the process of finding what they’re looking for, but it will also increase sales.
3. Don’t Forget to Check eCommerce SEO
Many eCommerce businesses efficiently use social media or sponsored advertising to increase conversions significantly. However, they either neglect search engine optimization totally or assemble with little regard for it (SEO).
However, because 44% of visitors begin their online shopping journey with a Google search, eCommerce SEO is undoubtedly the best eCommerce launch checklist. Furthermore, search engines account for 37.5 percent of all eCommerce site traffic.
- Conduct keyword research to determine which terms are most relevant to your niche.
- Optimize meta titles, descriptions, H1s, and URLs using specific keywords.
- Incorporate specific keywords into product and category descriptions.
- Use schema markup to acquire rich snippets in Google, boosting click-through rates by up to 30%.
- Delete or correct duplicate content.
- Include links to high-priority pages such as product and category pages.
- Make a sitemap and submit it.
- Improve the speed of your website by updating your hosting, investing in a CDN, and compressing picture files.
4. Prioritize Website Optimization
Conversions are a crucial aspect of the eCommerce functionality checklist. To ensure that your store is optimized for high conversion rates, look at the following:
- Demonstrate your products through videos
- Use the live chat to respond to customers’ issues and questions more quickly.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices by making it user-friendly and fully responsive.
- Use countdown timers or stock countdowns to encourage customers to act quickly.
- Improve the menu navigation. Make it very simple for customers to find what they’re looking for.
- Check that the site’s search function works properly, including product information and related goods, shipping times, return policies, and other information.
- Make product and service information easily accessible and apparent.
- Make a “sticky” buy button so that customers can easily proceed to check out whenever they’re ready.
- Make the Pin It button available so that customers may add your products to their Pinterest wish lists.
5. Pay Special Attention to the Review Parts
You know online evaluations are valuable when 91% of 18–34-year-olds say they trust them as much as personal recommendations. Online customers are prone to overlook products that have no reviews or have a high number of unfavorable ratings.
If you are building an eCommerce store, you should add review sections, make them more prominent on your product sites, or invite past satisfied customers to give feedback via automated emails to boost your trustworthiness.
User-generated content (UGC) is also becoming a vital component of a practical eCommerce website design checklist. When combined with positive internet reviews, UGC can help your company stand out throughout the Christmas season.
6. Consider Set Up Email Marketing
Email marketing is a beautiful eCommerce launch checklist to welcome new clients and keep old ones happy. On Shopify, you can construct sequences that nurture your clients and eventually drive sales using various email programs. Set up the following emails utilizing an app like Shopify Email or Klaviyo:
- Welcome emails – Customers should be introduced to your brand early on and should establish expectations.
- Cross-sell emails – Encourage customers to buy things that complement their main purchase.
- Abandoned cart emails – Remind customers of the products in their cart.
- Order confirmation emails – Inform clients that their order request has been received.
- Shipping notification emails – keep clients informed about their order’s delivery status. Finally, consider a greeting card firm that may alleviate post-purchase anxiety and establish consumer trust.
7. Install Essential Apps for Your Online Store
Every eCommerce platform has an app store with tonnes of great apps to help you expand the functionality of your store and develop your business. As a result, you should identify the most essential apps and install them in your store:
Here are some app types to think about:
- Marketing and promotion apps
- An app to boost sales and conversions.
- Apps for many types of sales channels.
- SEO and site optimization apps.
- Apps for locating products and keeping track of inventory.
- A customer service app (more on that later).
8. Optimize Product Images
The success of your eCommerce site is primarily determined by the images you choose. The photographs you offer are the buyer’s only means of deciding what they are purchasing. Consequently, provide clean pictures with relevant alt text.
Here are some items to cross off your to-do list to ensure proper image optimization:
- Top-notch quality images
- Reduced file size
- Correct ALT attributes for SEO optimization
- Correct thumbnails
- Engaging product descriptions
9. Integrate Payment Methods
Since everyone has different preferences, giving as many payment methods as possible is one of the critical aspects of the eCommerce website requirements checklist.
Consider including the following payment methods:
- Prepaid cards, credit and debit cards, bank transfers
- Purchase now and pay later. It’s becoming more popular, particularly among millennials and Generation Z.
- Electronic wallets such as PayPal, ApplePay, and Google Pay. WeChat should be considered if you’re selling to China.
- ACH (Automated Clearing House): This strategy gives you more payment control and improves payment accuracy. Because ACH payments are processed promptly, your consumers will receive their products sooner.
10. Keep in Touch with Your Digital Marketing and Technology Partners
It is recommended to maintain contact with your eCommerce platform provider and digital marketing partner. This will aid in the execution of your digital marketing initiatives and the efficient operation of your eCommerce site during peak season traffic. In addition, it would be beneficial if you addressed your holiday support arrangements in case something unexpected came up.
Every holiday season presents a fantastic opportunity to boost sales. Start improving your website and enhancing its navigation. This will make it easier for your visitors to find holiday-themed products and gifts.
Are you looking for a digital platform that meets your e-commerce functionality requirements? If that’s the case, your quest is over!
EitBiz is a leading tech-driven platform that effectively harnesses the proper set of eCommerce website development checklists to assist you in developing a single source of data while also saving you time and money.
To know more, simply choose https://www.eitbiz.com/ today!