Imagine you wake up in the morning to the sound of your alarm, and once your alarm goes off, the lights of your room light up and the coffee machine in your kitchen starts running. This is one of the many examples of what the internet is capable of. Since the advent of the internet, the world has transformed drastically. The internet has made a lot of things easier for countless people across the globe. Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the most popular trends of the digital world that improves the user’s and developer’s experience.
What is Internet Of Things?
Internet Of Things is basically a network of physical things that have an internet connection. IoT enables you to operate objects that have access to the internet even when you are not at home. One of the most popular examples of IoT is air conditioners that you can start even before reaching your home through your smartphone. The development of IoT is significant for the whole world as it strives to help people get a flawless user experience.
How is IoT Crucial for Mobile Application Development?
The evolution of IoT has greatly transformed the world of mobile applications and the way they are developed. IoT is crucial for mobile application development because the very idea of IoT is based on operating physical objects through a smartphone. To handle the objects through a mobile phone, it would take a mobile application to be developed in order to connect the phone to the object. This is why the advancements in the world of IoT greatly concerns the development of mobile applications.
Why is IoT The Future of Mobile Apps?
Now that you know that IoT holds a great amount of significance when it comes to mobile application development, let’s try to understand why IoT is the future of mobile apps. The popularity of Mobile application development has grown rapidly among businesses, and more and more businesses are today getting mobile applications customized to run their business smoothly. Custom mobile applications allow users to access any type of services efficiently. The world is witnessing a great surge in the use of IoT as more and more products are being developed to be operated through smartphones. Here are the reasons why IoT is the future of mobile applications:-
* Open Source development :- The advent of open-source development is probably one of the biggest reasons for the growing popularity of IoT. Besides that, open-source development provides transparency throughout the mobile app’s development, which makes it easier for developers and businesses to work together flawlessly.
* Less Human Effort :- The IoT technology enables users to operate the machines or objects at their home or office through their smartphones. The IoT technology strives to save time and efforts of the users while making their lives easier.
* Cost-Effective :- Besides making the life of its users easier, there is another crucial reason why IoT will succeed tremendously in future. IoT technology is extremely cost-effective and a good investment for businesses that strives to give a flawless user experience to the customers.
* Security :- Although it may seem like the security of your data can be at risk due to IoT. However, IoT ensures a great amount of security to your data and app code.
* Godsend For Small Businesses :- Another reason why IoT is the future of mobile apps is because small businesses are extremely inclined to this trend. The mobile application development cost for apps optimized to be compatible with objects such as AC, Fan, Coffee Machine, etc., is comparatively low, which has empowered small-businesses to get their app developed.
* Location & Connectivity :- Apart from being cost efficient, a great reason why IoT is more than just a technology trend is because of the fact that it helps you use the application and operate the system from anywhere.
These were just the few reasons why IoT is indeed the future of mobile apps and will help businesses provide a more interactive experience to their users. According to Statista, there will be 29 billion IoT devices worldwide by 2030. This number depicts the growing popularity of IoT devices, which is not expected to slow down anytime soon.
IoT has undoubtedly taken over the mobile application world and its popularity has been growing impressively. Whether it is healthcare or agriculture, This technology is being implemented in a number of industries across the world. It can be said without a doubt that IoT is the future of mobile applications. If you are a business owner looking to elevate his consumer’s experience, letting EitBiz’s mobile app developers customize a mobile application that helps your customers operate your product without directly interacting with it will help your business immensely.